Open Forum about Teaching in Academia
Time & Location
About the Event
Topics may include:
- How to create/maintain a CV
- How to negotiate the tenure process and/or contracts in general
- How to maintain healthy relationship with colleagues
- How to navigate administration
- How to publish or perform while teaching
- How to find mentorship both at and outside your institution
We anticipate this will be an open discussion, led by the participants, and may choose to use breakout rooms as a means to tailor the conversation to the participants.
Facilitators will be:
Kathryn Cowdrick, Eastman School of Music (tenured)
Patrice Pastore, Ithaca College (tenured)
Robert Strauss, Fredonia School of Music (Full-time adjunct)
This forum will NOT be recorded, so as to assure that participants feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and concerns.
You may send your CVs to Patrice Pastore in advance if you would like for her to offer edits, in order to better highlight your gifts. Her email address is email@example.com.
Note: We will be having a separate open forum discussion about private teaching/studio later in the summer/early fall.
Please join us here...https://fredonia-edu.zoom.us/j/99343449469?pwd=NWswL0tiL01OWWNvU1UzY21tR3R5QT09